Mechanical Cad Draughtsperson
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to email@example.com
- To ensure that all requested layouts are prepared for the engineering department/sales team within the time scale requirements
- Work closely with all team members and suppliers to ensure all details on layouts are accurate for their purpose
- Liaise with suppliers for information and communication for manufacture
- To prepare CAD layouts using Autocad/Autodesk Inventor 3D, GA layouts, Plant Design Drawings, civils layouts, flow diagrams, pipework layouts, stairs and access layouts
- To be capable of communicating with suppliers for information and layouts
- Have an understanding of BS standards for stairs, walkways, access platforms etc.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Be proficient in the use of Autocad/Autodesk Inventor 3D
- Production of detailed manufacturing drawings complete with listings for materials i.e. steel, mechanical items etc.
- Completion of all relevant documentations in line with BS1090 and ISO 9001
- Working from an arrangement drawing or by measuring components etc.
- Liaise with customers \ suppliers \ other members of staff to ensure feasibility and cost effectiveness of designs
- Work with the Project Managers & Manufacturing Department on projects
- Carry out site surveys when required and produce layout drawings
- Visit to sites as and when required
- Ensure drawings are reviewed and revised as necessary
- Able to use Microsoft Office to include word, excel, outlook etc.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Any other request deemed reasonable by the Company commensurate with your role.