Service & Maintenance Engineers
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a result of continued success and a planned programme of strategic growth, we require experienced, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated Service and Maintenance Engineers to complement our established and successful team. Our head office is based in Coventry with engineers working across the UK.
Main function of job:
- Completing Service Calls & breakdowns to agreed timescales
- Assisting with the requirements for plant installations in a timely manner
- Health and Safety Legislation to ISO and good Housekeeping in all areas
- The purpose of the role is to diagnose problems, maintain, repair and service heavy mobile and fixed plants, (Crushers, Screens, Conveyors, Water treatment Systems).
The role will involve:
- Servicing and maintaining plant to a high standard
- Diagnosing faults and repairing / maintenance of company equipment on and off site
- Keeping service records up to date
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience working as a workshop fitter, mobile plant fitter, mobile engineer, plant fitter, plant engineer, workshop technician, plant technician, vehicle mechanic, vehicle technician etc.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of mechanics, electrics and hydraulics
- You will have previous experience working as a mobile plant engineer, plant fitter, plant technician or plant mechanic
- You will previously have worked on plant machinery such as excavators, dumpers, or heavy mechanical vehicles, crushing units, dry and wet screens, mixing pans and barrels
- You will hold an NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering. or time served apprenticeship
- Air compressor units
- Flexible and professional approach to all clients/customers.
- Relevant Engineering qualification
- NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering
- Vehicle Mechanics.
- Previous Service Engineer experience
- Experience of servicing mining & construction equipment
- The candidate will have all the relevant qualifications and a minimum of 1 year’s experience within the mechanical engineering industry with good knowledge in hydraulics, electrics and engines. (Experience working on shredders, Crushers and Screeners would be advantages but not essential).
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of mining & quarrying practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to priotise workload and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to work alone,
- Fault find quickly and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- You will need to be flexible and have a Can-Do attitude and be able to manage your time efficiently along with working to tight deadlines.
- We are looking for a team player.