Location: Augher, Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Permanent, Full time with immediate start
Due to an increase in scope of works and an increase in projects, we now require an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial and tendering team.
You will primarily be based in Northern Ireland in our Augher Civils division office with some travel to the UK offices and project sites when required. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to progress to a more senior role and enhance their career over a short period, should they demonstrate appropriate skills. Projects cover a wide variety of size and type in major and minor civil works, ranging from Major Infrastructure, Roadworks, Quarrying & Processing, Quarry Remediation Works, Industrial & Commercial Developments.
We wish to add to our expanding team, an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor with broad commercial skills ideally with a background and experience in both the estimating and delivery aspect of construction projects.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of construction contracts, commercial procedures, and risks within projects. You will report to a Senior Quantity Surveyor and Senior Bid Manager as well as being mentored by excellent project teams. The role will be office based with site visits. Role will involve working alongside the estimating, commercial and project teams with a concentration on the following key aspects.
- Completion and submission of PQQ’s.
- Review of contract documents highlighting key requirement, risks and rewards to ensure sufficient information is available to tender accurately.
- Take offs.
- Prepare and issue subcontract enquiries and assess quotes.
- Prepare and issue materials enquiries and assess quotes in conjunction with procurement manager.
Quantity Surveying Duties
- Liaison with clients.
- Ensure contractual project controls are in place.
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Cost and Value management reporting.
- Preparation of monthly valuations.
- Preparation and agreement of variations.
- Agree and place subcontract package orders and manage subcontract accounts.
- Quantity Surveying Degree Qualification
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to working in a busy environment.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the Quantity Surveyors role.
- Ideally have some knowledge or prior experience in NEC and JCT forms of contact.
- Ability to work as an individual.
- Computer literate.
- Commitment to building relationships.
- An understanding of project programmes.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Travel will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to progress their careers and become an integral member of the commercial team within a business which is rapidly expanding and becoming a key player within the construction industry.
Should this role be of interest, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.