Procurement Manager – Duo Manufacturing / Duo Engineering
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 11/07/2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for a position with our company. Please be advised that due to the high number of CVs received we are not able to respond to all applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date your application will not have been successful.
Duo Group Holdings Ltd is a market leading company that provides the Aggregate, Recycling and Material Handling Industries with a comprehensive package of complete processing solutions, including specific industrial applications for the Quarrying, Recycling, Bulk Handling Industries and Transport Infrastructure.
As a result of further expansion and continued success, Duo Manufacturing and Duo Engineering, part of The Duo Group require a Procurement Manager to professionalise their function. Applicants need procurement experience in a manufacturing or engineering business, they need to play an integral role in ensuring that the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional seeking to really make their mark within a successful business. In this brand new role which will be based in Meriden, Solihull, the successful candidate will be responsible for; shaping strategy, developing a team and implementing supply chain systems, governance, tools and processes. The Procurement Manager will source from UK and international vendors and will be responsible for direct and indirect areas of spend.
Specific duties of the Procurement Manager include:
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Review, negotiate and manage long term supply agreements with the supply chain
- Review current supplier base, rationalising and introducing new vendors where appropriate
- Introduce inventory control processes and introduce systems and governance
- Develop a procurement strategy and establish supply chain to support future business growth
- Lead and own all key supplier relationships, and drive improved supply chain performance
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Introduce tools and process around supplier relationship management and contract management
- Offer leadership and guidance to a small procurement and inventory control team
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, and contribute to broader business strategy
Qualifications and experience
- Experience as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager or Senior Buyer with 5 + years’ experience in a senior management position within Procurement
- Experience within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Professional qualification e.g. MCIPS, or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing a central Procurement function within a complex organisation, delivering procurement benefits.
- A keen attitude to be ‘hands on’ as will start as a standalone function
- Experience of developing and successfully implementing a procurement strategy and roadmap for a complex organisation including the implementation of strategic procurement.
- Effective senior stakeholder and supplier management, both internally and external to the organisation, including the ability to successfully persuade and influence others.
- Results driven with strong analytical skills, including the ability to critically analyse information and experience of providing meaningful management information.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Commercially aware with the focus on continuous improvement and the ability to drive change
- Available for occasional travel to other offices within the business and to visit suppliers where necessary
- Knowledge of and experience using MRP/ERP systems
- The ability to introduce new processes and systems into a procurement and supply chain function
- A natural People Person
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Data Analysis
- Superior Organisational Skills
- Financial Analysis and Mathematics Skills
- Good Negotiator
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures
- Logistics Skills
- Strategic Planning Abilities
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement, Project Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning, and General Office Programs),
- Specialised Industry Knowledge