Service and Maintenance Engineer
Site Based – Duo Assets
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 13/07/2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for a position with our company. Please be advised that due to the high number of CVs received we are not able to respond to all applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date your application will not have been successful.
Service and Maintenance Engineer
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
Responsible for providing on-site service support to crushing and washing plant along with mobile plant ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out and breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner to minimise plant downtime
- Liaisig with site team to agree service priorities and to identify issues
- Diagnose faults, maintain, repair and service heavy mobile and fixed plants (Crushers, Screens, Conveyors, Water Treatment Systems and construction plant including excavators, dump trucks and loading shovels)
- Complete daily Service Call Reports (SCR’s)
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements as required
- Carrying out maintenance, fault finding and repair work
- Compile technical reports following service calls and breakdowns
- Submit Service Call Reports, Mileage logs and Vehicle inspection sheets on a weekly basis to Head Office
- Liaising with the Service Coordinator on weekly, monthly movements and parts or consumables required to complete the work.
- Leave the working area safe and tidy always
- To liaise with the Service Manager on progress and site conditions.
- Completing breakdowns and repairs in a timely manner
- Completing equipment servicing and testing
- Assist on plant installations when required
- Assist other Site Engineers when requested
- To complete a service job sheet for each product worked on and maintain a daily timesheet record of work done and the time taken
The right candidate will have:
- You will have previous experience working as a mobile plant engineer, plant fitter, plant technician or plant mechanic.
- You will previously have worked on plant machinery such as excavators, dumpers, or heavy mechanical vehicles, crushing units, dry and wet screens, mixing pans and barrels,
- You will hold an NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering, or time served apprenticeship
- Flexible and professional approach to all clients/customers
- Relevant Engineering qualification
- NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering
- Vehicle Mechanics
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of mining & quarrying practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to work alone,
- Fault find quickly and maintain positive working relationships with customers.
- You will need to be flexible and have a ‘Can-Do’ attitude and be able to manage your time efficiently along with working to tight deadlines.
- We are looking for a team player