Duo Electical Site Engineer
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 21/10/2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for a position with our company. Please be advised that due to the high number of CVs received we are not able to respond to all applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date your application will not have been successful.
Duo Electrical Site Engineer
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
As an Electrical Engineer you will carry out various electrical maintenance and repair activities together with taking the lead in developing PPM ensuring that all plant and equipment satisfy law and legislation, HS&E, GRS Standards, Procedures and business requirements.
- Carry out various electrical maintenance and repair activities including PPM, PCM, CM and Safety Checks;
- Maintain plant and equipment to satisfy law and legislation, HS&E, GRS Standards, Group Procedures and business requirements;
- Maintain and improve the efficient operation of the production/process machinery, systems and ancillary equipment on site, working as an active part of a multi-skilled department;
- Ensure fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions;
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the production systems and machinery;
- Carry out required installation work from time to time;
- Ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict time schedules;
- Ensure minimal unscheduled downtime through immediate response and rectification of problems with prioritisation to key areas;
- Continuous improvement of equipment, improving safety, efficiency, changeovers and minimising downtime.
- (PLC) is desirable.
- Possess a professional and flexible attitude with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a wider team.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements as required
- Inspecting, checking over and completing mobile/Installation equipment, powered equipment – daily checks before use.
- To aid, support direct reports (Ins/mgt)
- To template specification of material handling equipment for Duo Group
- To aid Project Manager on progress and site conditions.
- Resolve on-site issues occurring during installations
- Confirm all site operational tasks are being completed under the correct Health & Safety paperwork and in a safe manner
- Reading and following technical drawings
- Read and understand structure assembling drawings
- Measuring correct lengths and distances
- Assisting the Installation Site Supervisor or Lead Engineer to de-mark structure footprints ready for installation
- Being environmentally aware
- Overall safety on site to STAR policy
- Control spend, costs,
- Warranty claims
- Find solutions
- To aid identified Engineers in their career pathways/CPD (Richard McCandish)
- Advise on future training plans
- To Advise Planning Coordinators and Project Managers on resource/skill set vs installation/project
- To aid salesman once directed by Line Manger in correct pricing
- To aid Sales Processing Team