Service and Mainenance Engineer
UK Nationwide & South West
If this role sounds like your ideal job we’d love to hear from you; salary is dependent upon experience so please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 11/11/2019
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for a position with our company. Please be advised that due to the high number of CVs received we are not able to respond to all applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date your application will not have been successful.
Duo Service and Maintenance Engineer – Duo Equipment
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
- Completing Service Calls & breakdowns to agreed timescales
- Assisting with the requirements for plant installations in a timely manner
- Health and Safety Legislation to ISO and good Housekeeping in all areas
- The purpose of the role is to diagnose problems, maintain, repair and service heavy mobile and fixed plants, (Crushers, Screens, Conveyors, Water treatment Systems).
- Liaising with customers to agree service calls and to identify issues
- To call head to advise the customer of arrival and of parts or spares required to complete the work.
- Fill our daily Service Call Reports (SCR’s)
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements as required
- Carrying out maintenance, fault finding and repair work to client’s equipment
- Compile technical reports following service calls and breakdowns
- Submit Service Call Reports, Mileage logs and Vehicle inspection sheets on a weekly basis to Head Office
- Liaising with the Service Coordinator on weekly, monthly movements and parts or consumables required to complete the work.
- Leave the working area safe and tidy always
- To liaise with the Engineering Manager on progress and site conditions.
- Completing customer breakdowns and repairs in a timely manner
- Completing customer equipment servicing and testing
- Assist on plant installations when required
- Assist other Site Engineers when requested
- Prepare mobile and fixed plant for demos for sale
- Resolve on-site issues occurring during installations and servicing when required
- Compile lists of refurbishment requirements prior to plant removal / re-installation
- Liaise with Service Coordinator to resolve any ongoing site operational / technical issues
- Assist in site operator awareness training to optimise plant performance
- Provide training to customers operatives
- Change screen mats, oils, bearings
- Compile warranty claims with photos and brief summary’s
- Confirm all site operational tasks are being completed under the correct Health & Safety paperwork and in a safe manner
- Servicing work on mobile crushing and screening and washing machines
- Supporting the in-house assembly team with building of own equipment
- Reading and following technical drawings
- To provide mobile repair and servicing at customer’s premises in nationwide, or further in exceptional cases.
- Products include mainly stationary piston and screw air compressors and installed diesel driver generators.
- Workshop based repair and servicing of customer’s and other supplier products across the full product range. This includes a broad mixture of electrical and mechanical workshop equipment.
- Repair, refurbishment, grading and servicing of the client’s products and preferred supplier products from return stock.
- To complete a service job sheet for each product worked on and maintain a daily timesheet record of work done and the time taken.
- Preparation and assembly of new, existing or sample products for evaluation and/or product manual completion.
- To repair and maintain company plant, tools and equipment as required.
- Job Role: Mobile Plant Engineer
- As the mobile plant engineer, you will be attending site breakdowns, fault finding, and carrying any maintenance required on the heavy plant equipment.
- You will be required to carry out mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic repairs.
- You will adhere to health and safety standards, making sure outstanding customer service is given.
The role will involve:
- Servicing and maintaining plant to a high standard
- Diagnosing faults and repairing / maintenance of company equipment on and off site
- Keeping service records up to date
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork
- Relevant Engineering qualification
- NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering
- Vehicle Mechanics