Location: Augher, Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Full time, Permanent, Immediate start.
We are a diverse engineering company with experience in a wide range of differing applications. We are a fast-growing company offering excellent career and progression opportunities to ambitious candidates. We operate in the civil, quarrying, waste, plant hire, material handling, manufacturing, and sales disciplines. The civil engineering division is building a core of key clients targeting repeat business and key to this is the correct people to represent Duo to our clients. Our ethos is “Two working as One” and key to this is delivering for our clients on site.
As a result of further expansion and continued success, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly self-motivated Programme Planner to complement our established commercial & Construction teams.
The Construction Planner will be responsible for producing competitive tender programmes using specific Asta Power project programme software for a range of projects across the market and further developing these programme for successful tenders through the construction phase to project completion.
Therefore the successful candidate in conjunction with the project management team will be responsible for managing the construction programmes for live projects, updating regularly to identify progress, delay, impact of delays where required. In doing so the Construction Planner will be responsible for explaining in detail the rational to duration, impact of delay events, as well as being able to identify possible methods of minimising the impact of delay events.
This is a great opportunity for a Construction Planner with a minimum of 2 years of planning experience to join a forward-thinking company who are going through an exciting growth phase.
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years construction planning experience which has been gained within a contracting environment.
- Experience at both the tender and contract stages of construction projects.
- Possess a good understanding of the construction process and how a project comes together from initiation to completion.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of construction forms of contract and how the programme relates to such.
- Previous in depth experience of advanced programming software.
- Produce Tender/Pre-Construction & Construction Programmes.
- Monitor and assist in Project Delivery.
- Monitor and manage commercial aspects of the project from a programme perspective.
- Be responsible for multiple project programmes at any one time.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Positive working relationships with customers.
- You will need to be flexible and have a Can-Do attitude and be able to manage your time efficiently along with working to tight deadlines
- We are looking for a team player and someone willing to progress in this growing company
- Full UK Driving License.
- Some site travel may be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to progress their career and become an integral member of the commercial team within a business which is rapidly expanding.
Should this role be of interest, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.